A church LOVING. SEEKING. EMPOWERED.
Reach PEOPLE. Build FOLLOWERS. Create COMMUNITY.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19)
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years. (John 1:1)
- The blessed hope - the rapture of the Church at Christ's coming. (Titus 2:13)
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ. (John 14:6)
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. (Titus 3:5)
- Water baptism by immersion. (Matthew 28:19)
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (1 Peter 2:24)
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. (Galatians 5:16-25)
Central Assembly is a church with a proud heritage that dates back over 90 years and is affiliated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God in Springfield, Missouri. In 1916, Reverend Joseph Lantz re-located his family from Warner, Alberta to shepherd a group of believers here in Great Falls. The original meeting place was on a small lot at 616 5th Avenue South.
For nearly 40 years our predecessors met in several locations, with several caring pastors until 1953, under the leadership of Reverend W. Paul Jones. It was then that they re-located to purchased ground at 20th Street and Central Avenue. In 1960, J. Burdette Wiles, a former missionary to the African continent, oversaw an addition to the building, allowing for a larger gathering.
Pastor Erwin E. Rohde came to Great Falls from Nebraska and was installed as pastor in 1967. Under his leadership, the church saw strength, stability, and growth - especially in the area of outreach. At the time of his departure to take the position of District Superintendent in 1983, the church had grown to around 200 faithful.
In May of 1983, Pastor Alan Warneke and his family came to Great Falls. In his 24 years of pastoring Central, the church saw its most significant numerical growth, with over 700 being touched by the ministry. In 2007, Pastor Bill Ballance and his wife Mary Ann came from their native North Carolina to lead Central forward. We are believing that Central will become one with God's promise to do "even greater things" in 2009 and beyond.